Design a site like this with
Get started

Abingdon to Gordons Bay

After breakfast on the patio I did as much packing as possible. We then went to Boars Hill for a walk before heading to the pub where we were having lunch. We parked at The Greyhound and took a stroll through the village before heading to our table.

Evie joined us and we had an amazing lunch. Dave and I finally got our fish and chips. After our meal we went back to the house and Evie joined us for coffee. She stayed for a bit chatting to us while Anne and Stuart went for their eye appointments. Once Evie left, I finished packing and changed into my flying outfit. By then Anne and Stuart got back and we had our final chat before saying goodbye.

We had an easy run into Heathrow, filled the car up, took is back to Europcar and took the bus to Terminal 5. Bag drop off was a breeze and we were fast tracked through security. I left my iPad in my bag and so my handbag was sent for security checking. There was a young lady in front of us who had been stopped with enough makeup for 10 people. She was cross with the security official for telling her lipstick is part of the LAGs and she had more than one bag and needed to make a choice. While he was sorting it out she got on the phone and then told him to sort it out. I complained so he set her stuff aside and he immediately took my iPad out, checked my bag and gave me the all clear. It was only when I put the iPad back I saw I had left a container of sun block out of the special bags Heathrow want you to put your LAGs in to. Oh well…. 😂 Hopefully that entitled woman missed her flight!

Dave and I then went to get something for Bev, strolled through World of Whisky and the terminal before heading to the lounge. From getting into the queue for bag drop off to sipping red wine was less than an hour.

Boarding was more of a challenge as the flight crew were delayed. But it went smoothly once it began. We had champagne while boarding was in process then a Singleton 12 yo before dinner. We both chose the braised beef cheeks and had a glass of cabernet sauvignon to accompany our meal. As soon as we were done we put the bed down and went to sleep.

Dave was told to stow his laptop for take off and it ended up being jammed in by the seat. He managed to get it out but the electronics stopped working so he had to move for landing. We both had the full English for breakfast, and dinner and breakfast were excellent.

We disembarked, showed our forms to the young lady before we got to the health check where they were scrutinised and we were sent on our way. It was much easier than last October adding mere minutes to our walk to passport control. We were second in the queue and waltzed through, collected our bags and went to work. We left early afternoon, came home to relax and unpack. I snoozed in front of the TV and Dave cooked dinner. We had an early night and now it’s back to normal.



Published by Tandy | Lavender and Lime

I am passionate about using regional, seasonable and sustainable produce when I cook. I live in the picturesque fishing village of Gordons Bay with my husband and dogs. Dave and I visit new places on a regular basis to experience the food and culture of the area.

One thought on “Abingdon to Gordons Bay

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: